The southern capital of Australia has so much to offer with a subtropical climate to boot. Let’s make your experience worthwhile with our first-class transportation services. With mnmridez Chauffeur limo service, you can now travel in comfort to and from Adelaide Airport.
Our private airport car pickup service will help you check into your hotel. Better still, we can drive you from the airport to the city’s most popular Glenelg Beach, or to the many sights and events across Adelaide. We also do airport drop-off right at Terminal 1 once your holiday is over.
Read our ultimate Adelaide Airport transfer guide to find out why we’re the best. We’ll also tell you a little about Adelaide International Airport and other airport transfer options available to you.
About Adelaide Airport
Adelaide International Airport sits 6km west of the CBD, specifically the Victoria Asquare. On average, it will take you 10-15 minutes by car from the airport to the city center. This makes it more convenient than most airports that sit far out of the city limits.
Adelaide Airport (ADL) has several accolades to its name like the world's second-best international airport in 2006 and Australia's best capital city airport (2006, 2009, and 2011). It’s the 5th busiest airport in Australia with a record 8,090,000 passengers in the financial year 2018-2019.
The airport is home to 15 airlines, including international, domestic, regional, and charter flights. All operate within the all-new $165 million, 2,790 square feet Terminal 1. Singapore Airlines, Fiji Airways, Qatar Airways, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, and Malaysia Airlines are the international airlines to Adelaide Airport.
You'll find plenty airport facilities like eateries, retail shops, and cafes. And if you happen to arrive late or have an early flight to catch, you’ll find accommodation at the Atura Adelaide Airport Hotel. It opened in 2018 and sits just a few meters from the airport door.
Adelaide Airport Transfer - Comparing The Options
There are other transfer options to get from Adelaide Airport to the city and the greater Adelaide region. Besides private car service, you have buses, taxis, rideshare, and car hire. So, how do they compare? Let’s find out.
Adelaide Airport Bus Service
Buses form the largest part of the Adelaide Metro system. This public transport network also includes train and tram services. Be that as it may, only buses provide a direct route from Adelaide Airport to the city center and other key destinations. JetBus is the main operator with four airport bus service routes. These are J1, J2, J7, and J8.
- J1: Links Adelaide Airport to Adelaide city center, Elizabeth Interchange, and Glenelg.
- J2: Links Adelaide Airport to Adelaide city center, Greenwith, and Harbour Town
- J7 & J8: Link Adelaide Airport to West Lakes Centre Interchange and Marion Centre Interchange
Primarily, J1 and J2 buses will get you from the airport to the city center and vice versa. A trip to the Adelaide city center takes 20-30 minutes depending on the traffic. On the other hand, J7 and J8 buses connect the airport to south-western and north-western suburbs sitting between West Lakes and Marion.
Once you touch down at the airport, you can take the bus at Stop 10 near Sir Richard Williams Avenue. Note that JetBus services don’t run overnight. Plus, the operating frequency varies, and you may have to wait up to 30 minutes for the next bus.
Adelaide Metro bus fare is the same regardless of the distance traveled. Expect to pay a regular fare of AUD 4.05 to AUD 5.90 during peak hours and AUD 2.25 to AUD 4.00 during off-peak via MetroCard or ticket purchase. Nevertheless, kids under 5 years with adult supervision travel free.
Pros and Cons of Bus Service
Adelaide Airport bus service is the cheapest way to get to and from the airport. Be that as it may, you may have to wait longer for the next bus. This won’t sit well with you if you’re on a tight schedule. Moreover, the bus service is only limited to designated locations and doesn’t provide airport shuttle door-to-door service.
Adelaide Airport Taxi
You have two options regarding taxi airport transfer. You can hail a taxi at the taxi rank on the left side of the pedestrian plaza outside the main terminal. Your second option would be to pre-book a taxi. Your driver will be waiting for you in the pre-booked taxi car park.
A trip on a taxi typically takes 10-15 minutes from the airport to Adelaide CBD. How much you pay for a taxi depends on factors like traffic conditions, the drop-off point, and time of the day. Taxi rates are charged by kilometer.
In the case of Adelaide, it’s around AUD 1.87 to AUD 2.16 per km, with a base fare of AUD 3.70 and AUD 4.90, respectively. Note that this excludes the AUD 3 airport access fee. So, that makes it around AUD 18 to AUD 21 for the 6km trip to the city center.
Pros and Cons of Taxi
Besides private airport car pickup, taxis offer a faster way to travel to and from Adelaide Airport, making it perfect for anyone on a tight schedule. Plus, taxis don’t have designated drop-off locations and are available 24/7, meaning you can hire them for events and leisure trips. This also means you can enjoy door-to-door service like you would in a private airport car pickup.
Nevertheless, there’s the issue of surge pricing. Moreover, you’re likely to run into scammers at the airport pretending to be legit taxi drivers. Stay safe by only hailing a taxi at the official taxi rank or by pre-booking your taxi ride.
Adelaide Airport Rideshare Services
Uber, Go Catch, and Ola are the primary rideshare service providers in Adelaide. Other options are Shebah and MyCar. Typically, you reserve your ride using an app. The pickup area for rideshare services is next to the Terminal car park, a 2-3 minute walk.
Uber services prove more convenient, and for good reason. Unlike other rideshare services, your driver receives a notification of the exact place you’re waiting. For the record, there are two waiting zones (zone 1 and zone 2).
There’s no taxi meter. But like taxis, the fare depends on the drop-off location and time of the day. According to Uber estimates, a trip from Adelaide Airport to CBD is around AUD 17. Note that this doesn’t include the airport access fee.
Pros and Cons of Rideshare
Except for extreme traffic, rideshare charges are cheaper than taxi fare. Plus, it’s just as fast, making it great if you’re running late. Also, some rideshare companies offer discount codes and promotions. With enough referrals, for instance, you may end up paying nothing for your trip.
Nevertheless, the service isn’t without some red flags. These include price fluctuations, limited luggage space, and the risk of delays. Plus, you’re more likely to get a ride from an unlicensed driver.
Adelaide Airport Rental Cars
You can hire a car from Adelaide Airport. Nevertheless, we recommend booking in advance to ensure availability. Key car rental companies at the airport are Hertz, Avis, SIXT, Budget, Europcar, and Enterprise, just to mention a few. So, you stand a greater chance of striking the best car hire rate. You’ll find the car hire section within the Terminal opposite the baggage carousels.
Pros and Cons of Car Hire
Car hire gives more flexibility and freedom to explore Adelaide’s sights and key destinations. Also, it saves you the need of having to arrange transportation to and from the airport separately. Even better, you have more vehicle options to best suit your specific requirements.
Be that as it may, car hire is the most expensive option. Also, it can be a hassle if you’re unfamiliar with Adelaide and its traffic. Another drawback is airport surcharges and fees. Concession recovery fees, for instance, can significantly increase the overall rental price.
Adelaide Airport Transfer with Private Car Service
Indulge yourself by riding in a luxury chauffeured car hire. With this option, you have everything sorted way before your arrival. It’s the category where mnmridez Chauffeur service falls in. Your private car pickup area is at the Andy Thomas Circuit close to the Terminal. It’s the same area we’ll drop you off once your trip is over.
With private a limo service you can request a round trip. Better still, you can book city rides, tours, corporate transfers, and events transfers during your stay in Adelaide. This makes your holiday all the more hassle-free.
Pros and Cons Private Airport Car Pickup
A private airport transfer offers a first-class riding experience that oozes luxury with more amenities on offer. Also, you get to select your vehicle type and get luggage assistance from your driver. Flat rate fees and meet-and-greet service are other perks that come with Adelaide's private car service Plus, it’s a faster way to travel and delays are quite rare.
The downside of chauffeured car hire is that it’s expensive. Nevertheless, private car pickup can be a cost-effective option if you travel in groups. That way, you can split the cost, making the ride cheaper and more comfortable than taxis.
Why Go For Private Chauffeured Car Hire?
- Convenience and efficiency: You have a dedicated driver to pick and drop you off at your desired location. It can be a hotel, residence, or one of Adelaide’s many sights.
- Comfortable and luxurious vehicles: You get to pick from luxury sedans, vans, SUVs, or even limousines. It all depends on your budget. Typically, you get more amenities like Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and spacious seating.
- Reliability and punctuality: Private car pickup services track your flight. This means your chauffeur will be there to pick you up even if your flight is delayed.
- Safety and security: Drivers are highly experienced professionals. They undergo background checks and drive well-maintained vehicles to guarantee your safety. Plus, they know the local area more, including the best routes around Adelaide.
- Personalized service: Limo service is tailored to your needs. This means you can request additional services like city tours, child seats, meet-and-greet services, and luggage assistance.
- Fixed pricing: You can say goodbye to surge pricing, even in times of high traffic. You always know what to pay for in advance.
Why mnmridez Chauffeur Is Your Best Limo Service
- Customer-centric approach: We prioritize customer satisfaction for exceptional service. Primarily, our private car service focuses on ensuring you have a pleasant and comfortable experience by accommodating your specific requests and providing personalized attention.
- Positive customer reviews and reputation: Our chauffeur service has a track record of positive customer reviews with good reputation in the industry. You can check online reviews to give you insights into the experiences of our previous customers.
- Diverse fleet of vehicles: We have luxurious sedans and minivans so you can choose according to your requirements and group size.
- Professional English-speaking local drivers: Our experienced chauffeurs are knowledgeable about Adelaide’s local routes and traffic patterns. Plus, they’re fluent in English, meaning you can easily communicate your needs and preferences during your trip.
- Fair pricing: We believe in providing you with transparent and fair pricing. In that regard, our private car pickup service provides competitive rates while upholding the quality of our services.
What if my flight is early?
We track flights. So, if you arrive early, we’ll know and try our best to get a driver to you earlier. Nevertheless, picking you up before the scheduled time isn’t always a guarantee as cars and drivers typically have a rostered day.
What if I experience delays with baggage or customs?
Let’s know about the delay as soon as possible. Your chauffeur will give you up to 45 minutes of waiting time once your flight lands. After that, you’ll incur waiting time charges. Typically, your driver won’t leave as long as you remain in contact.
Do kids count as passengers?
As per Australian law, each passenger needs a seat of their own. In that regard, we count kids and infants as passengers.
Can I book Adelaide Airport Transfer for someone else?
Many airport transfer services allow making reservations on behalf of another person. Be that as it may, you need to have the necessary information for the person you’re booking for. Primarily, you want to have their name, contact details, and flight information handy.